Friday, June 26, 2015

Trips to Anywhere

Family car rides involve the patience of Mother Theresa. No matter where we are going- a long vacation, a trip to the mall or out to eat, it's... interesting to say the least.

As a family of six, we have a minivan. Definitely not the car myself or Mr. J ever dreamed of but I do love it.

Everyone in! Mr. J is always the driver. I am the matron passenger extraordinaire. Whoever calls shotgun out of Miss T and Mini J gets the seat behind the driver. Mom G gets settled in behind me.  The shotgun loser and A-Man are in the far back.

While this sounds simple, it's thisclose from bloodshed.  Okay, we're in the car and everyone is breathing and settled.

Nope, spoke too soon.

'Stop singing!', 'That's my charger.', 'I need to go potty.' 'I can't sit next to____ if they are going to breathe.'

We are barely out of the subdivision!

And then we forgot the tickets. Or something else.

I think next time we attempt this family 'fun', the kids get settled in for at least ten minutes before the adults dare enter.


No comments:

Post a Comment